Date: Thursday 10th November 2022
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
CPD: 6 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
About the seminar
Public procurement is a powerful market force, with an estimated spend of €1.8trillion across the EU accounting for 14% of EU GPP, in Ireland public procurement accounts for 10-12% of GDP.
Green Public Procurement offers public bodies the means to lead sustainable development in their sector, educating suppliers to reduce the environmental impacts across their product and service life cycles; developing the circular economy.
The Climate Action Plan requires every public body to have a climate mandate: With many public bodies already leading by example in energy efficiency; green procurement is a way to further reduce emissions and deliver on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Goals for participants
- Join public networks and participate in the continual improvement of resource efficiency action plans, energy and environmental management systems
- Measurably reduce environmental impacts using EU Green Public Procurement Guidelines
- Secure funding where available towards your organisation’s purchases
- Spreadsheet templates provided to allow participants generate a working template for one aspect of their procurement e.g. transport services
On completion participants will be able to:
- Review their organisations’ environmental impacts at a high level
- Focus on areas of significance
- Research the market, identify suitable criteria
- Apply EU GPP Guidelines to scoring and specification
- EPA Green Public Procurement Guidelines for the Public Sector
- Measure the impacts, to continually improve
- Create their own templates for green public procurement
“Good starting point to learn about Green Procurement – very good examples. Conor was an excellent host”
Mary Brophy – Bord na Mona
“An introduction to GPP in Ireland and Europe and where we currently are with it. Focused on how to fold GPP into general procurement practices.”
Maggie Semple – Houses of the Oireachtas
Our trainer participated in WG2.6 Working Group 2.6 to review and update some of the EU Green Public Procurement (GPP) guidelines 2017-18. He is an independent energy advisor with an MSc in Energy Management and Renewable energy from University of Ulster, he is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Measurement & Verification professional (CMVP) and trainer for ISO50001. He has trained over 200 ESOS Lead Assessors in Transport Energy Auditing, led the publication of EN 16247-4 Europe’s transport energy audit standard and contributed to ISO50004.Since 2005, He has been helping business save fuel and manage their energy use for profit and reduced emissions. Accepted as a member of the Association of Energy Engineers, CILT, FTAI, IMCA and EVO. He is a registered lead ESOS assessor (UK) and registered energy auditor (Ireland).
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email email@example.com with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.