About our Certificate in Public Procurement
The Certificate in Public Procurement provides learners with a comprehensive introduction to Procurement for Public sector executives seeking to professionalise and enhance their knowledge of procurement law and strategy. The programme provides students with specialist training and knowledge of key procurement functions within public sector organisations, delivered in line with Irish and EU legislation and directives. The programme will also explore the practical application of procurement issues and scenarios and contract management.
Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of Irish and EU procurement rules, guidelines and regulations and the public procurement regulatory regime including:
- the current directives;
- the remedies directive;
- new policy guidelines;
- the concept of strategic procurement and developing advance plans for procurement;
- OJEU Notices;
- Tender evaluation and contract award; and
- lessons learned from court decisions.
On completion of this course students will know how to complete a tender process including how to:
- develop specifications;
- devise contract notices in the required format;
- prepare and write tender documents for a variety of different tenders;
- establish award criteria and evaluate tenders from a financial and value for money perspective;
- prepare scoring mechanisms and justify contract award recommendations; and
- negotiate with suppliers and manage supplier performance and contracts.
The intended audience is public sector employees who have or expect to be given responsibility for procurement projects. No previous training or special skills in procurement or finance are required or expected. Managers or supervisors with procurement responsibilities who would like to update their knowledge and skills and achieve a qualification in this area will also benefit. The course focuses on procurement of goods and services including IT and consultancy.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). Attendees will receive an ICM Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate on successful completion of the course including attendance, coursework assessments and the final exam.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.