About our Audit Skills workshop
An independent appraisal function established by the management of an organisation for the review of the internal control system as a service to the organisation. It objectively examines, evaluates and reports on the adequacy of internal controls as a contribution to the proper, economic, effective and efficient use of resources.
Recent highly publicised cases of fraud in organisations together with the growing emphasis on value for money, cost controls, VFM audits and expenditure reviews suggest that internal audit will continue to be an essential part of the overall system of financial controls in public bodies.
This workshop is highly interactive and participative to challenge participants to consider what they will do differently back in the workplace. A range of methods will be used to achieve the below learning outcomes, e.g. case-studies, group discussion, real-plays, questionnaires, action plans etc.
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Know the role of the internal audit unit (and its limitations) in the overall governance of an organisation
- Be aware of the importance of effective internal controls in the overall safeguarding of the assets of the organisation
- Be aware of what elements should be included in an effective internal controls system
- Know how to use internal control and risk management questionnaires to highlight areas of weakness and high risk
- Know how to use the information gleaned from the questionnaires and other tools to plan the internal audit programme
- Know how to report on any deficiencies found in the system and how to make recommendations and suggestions for overcoming those deficiencies.
- Have drawn up an Action plan for implementation back in the workplace
Úna McDevitt B.Comm FCA MScOB started her own Training & Development consultancy business in 2002 after a number of years working in the field of training for a large national organisation. Over the years she has honed her own individual style which never fails to receive excellent delegate feedback from all of her events. Having worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for many years, Úna has a wide range of experiences to draw upon and as such her training sessions are very practical, hands on, enjoyable and designed to bring about changes in behaviour that enhance performance. Úna develops, designs and delivers training to many of the top public and private sector organisations in Ireland and has been doing so in partnership with Public Affairs Ireland for a number of years. Her training delivery covers a broad spectrum of relevant business topics including management development, organisational, administrative and time management skills, financial programmes, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills programmes.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.