3 CPD Points
Half day, 9am to 1pm
Tea and Coffee on arrival and at mid-morning break.
About our Writing for the Web workshop
Readers access information differently online – they tend to scan websites instead of reading – so your writing needs to be different. It needs to be shorter, sharper and easily accessible for impatient “information foragers”.
The aim of this workshop is to help participants to write web content that is clear, concise, well-structured and user-friendly. An experienced writer and editor will show participants how to ensure the messages in their website are delivered effectively and persuasively to the target audience.
Attendees will be asked to provide details of their website in advance.
This workshop will help attendees to:
- Understand how users “read” websites and how this differs from printed materials
- Adapt hard copy for the web
- Use professional techniques to plan, create and edit web content
- Create web content that is clear, concise, accessible and user-friendly
- Recognise and avoid errors and potential problem areas
This workshop is invaluable for anyone who creates content for an online source: a website, an e-journal, or a blog.
There are no upcoming dates for this event
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.