About our Grade 8 Core Skills Programme
The role of an Assistant Principal (and equivalent grades e.g. Grade 8) in the public sector is an important and often varied role. While roles and responsibilities can vary, there are a number of core competencies that are critical for effective performance and career development at this level. Competencies are the knowledge, skills and attributes that we need for effective performance. Objectives and tasks describe what we do and why we do it – competencies describe how we deliver on these.
This programme is based on core competencies for APs that are set out in the Public Appointments Service Competency Framework, which are as follows:
Our popular AP Core Skills programme is based on the following core competencies1 for roles at AP, Grade 8 and equivalent levels:
– Managing and delivering results
– Interpersonal and communication skills
– Drive and commitment
The programme will be of particular interest to:
- People who are new to the AP grade who need to develop skills expected of them
- Experienced APs who want to consolidate their experience and develop their career to the next level
- HEOs who want to develop skills and techniques to support their career development to AP level.
To register your interest in the next cohort of this programme, email email@example.com
Alternatively this course may be delivered as an inhouse course (either online or inperson). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.