About our Certificate in Regulatory Investigations
Public Affairs Ireland has developed a 4 day interactive training programme on Regulatory Investigations, Inspections and Prosecutions.
This programme specifically addresses the challenges faced in the collation and presentation of witness statements and evidence. The course aims to provide each participant with an understanding of best practice procedures in taking witness statements and using evidence to prepare reports for legal proceedings. Modules will include simulations and workshops along with the presentation of theory. Our tutors will take into account that some learners may be new to this role or need an update on current legislation and procedures in the taking of witness statements etc. and as such our modules are tailored to offer a range of options and advice to suit the varying needs of each participant, depending upon their experience.
Lecture modules will be complemented by a simulated training workshop, where by a number of practical exercises will be run.
On completion of this course participants will:
- have a comprehensive understanding of best practice principles in the conducting interviews, documenting investigations and handling evidence.
- know how to prepare documents, evidence and reports for legal proceedings;
- understand how statements for evidential purposes should be planned, collated and prepared;
- have a clear knowledge of the rules regarding statement taking (voluntary, duress, incentives, excessive control);
- have a clear understanding of the correct styling and formatting of statements and reports for legal proceedings, and how to edit such reports;
- understand how to examine the source and the weight of evidence to be included and distinguishing between facts, inferences and opinions.
- have a greater understanding of statutory jurisdiction and fair procedures.
- understand legal obligations in relation to privacy issues, data protection, freedom of information and human rights.
- Understand how to give concise evidence in legal fora.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). Attendees will receive an ICM Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate on successful completion of the course including attendance, coursework and assignment.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.