About our Motivating and Coaching Staff workshop
Coaching has long been recognised as an effective management approach. It can be used to motivate people, to improve their self-confidence, and to encourage staff to take on responsibility. A coaching management style involves using questions to help staff members explore their options, providing on-going feedback on progress, and supporting team members in their actions and decision-making.
Effective coaching, feedback and motivational strategies are critical in supporting meaningful on-going performance management and development. Coaching is a particularly useful management technique for those who are results-focused.
This workshop will introduce attendees to the principles and practices of coaching, and explore how it can be used as a management style. In doing so, it enables attendees to discover how coaching skills will help them to become more effective as a manager.
After the workshop, attendees will be more familiar with:
- How to use coaching as a framework to guide you in conducting difficult conversations;
- How to use coaching for both performance management and employee motivation;
- Techniques for providing effective feedback;
- The importance of feedback in coaching and performance management; and
- What coaching is and how it can be used as an effective management style
Public sector managers, leaders and HR professionals will find this training of benefit to their career. The training will enable attendees to discover how coaching skills will help them to become more effective as a manager.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.