About our Certificate in Change Management
The on-the-ground implementation of organisational change is usually a task assigned to management. When applied properly, increases can be seen in productivity, flexibility and cost savings. However, staffing and resource stressed, as well as the introduction of change, can impact employee morale. When morale is low, instances of workplace stress often increase, too. Managers must find innovative ways to engage and motivate staff to adapt to change in a positive way.
Over two-days, attendees on this course will complete six modules. Learning is based around the critical competencies required for best-practice public sector change management delivery. The course covers every stage of change implementation – from planning and preparation, to communication and engagement with stakeholders, from implementation to managing oneself and others, to measurement and evaluation of changes after they are applied.
At the end of the course, attendees will have built the knowledge and skills that are required to better lead and manage organisational change successfully. Each module provides a comprehensive set of tools and techniques dedicated to each individual competency. It also provides strategies and guidelines for applying them successfully.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Apply a range of change management techniques to change in their own organisation;
- Develop and support change management structures and teams;
- Increase success in leading and delivering change by adopting a systematic approach to change management, through the use of practical management models and principles;
- Manage and motivate people to buy in to and achieve change;
- Manage relationships and negotiate change with key stakeholder groups;
- Motivate yourself to stay committed & resilient during change;
- Plan and measure performance during the change process;
- Understand and manage resistance to change; and
- Understand the context and forces for change in their organisation and how to address these.
The course will be of great benefit, from a practical and professional development perspective, to managers who are responsible for facilitating the delivery of change within their organisation or across a range of organisations, and to staff working in HR Departments.
This course is endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). Attendees will receive an ILM continuing professional development (CPD) certificate on successful completion of the course, including a single assignment to be completed after the taught aspect of the course has ended.
Sile O Donnell is a HR and Training Consultant and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Trinity College Dublin. She has over 25 years’ experience of designing and implementing best practice HRM, change management and training strategies, initiatives and policies in the public sector. She was Director of HR in the Eastern Regional Health Authority for five years and an Assistant National Director of HR in the HSE for five years. She provides a range of HR services (including individual and team coaching, line management and change management training, HR strategy and policy development, employee relations advice and representation) to many organisations and individuals in the public and private sector.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.