About our Managing Difficult Staff workshop
In most environment, there is potential for conflict. When pressure is on a workforce to produce more with less resources, the chances of conflict are higher. Understanding why conflict occurs, and how to deal with it when it does, is a vital skill for anyone in a management position. Personal issues can also contribute to a negative attitude in the workplace. Identifying the root cause of the tension or conflict is the first step to creating a workplace that is open, friendly and professional.
This workshop focuses on providing you with approaches that you can use when faced with managing a difficult member of staff. It will help you to turn a difficult situation around and to take action in a timely manner. It will help you deal with conflict situations, understand your role in managing conflict and how you can mediate conflict within a team.
Some of the topics of discussion for the workshop will be:
- Dealing effectively with difficult staff by identifying coping strategies that work;
- How you can work to a win/win outcome;
- Learning about your own personal conflict resolution style;
- Mediating conflict within a team;
- The framework for providing helpful feedback that helps you deal with the situation; and
- The reasons for conflict and why it arises.
national and international level of guiding, mentoring and developing High Performance Teams and Organisations.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.