About the seminar
Public procurement is a powerful market force, with an estimated spend of €1.8trillion across the EU accounting for 14% of EU GPP, in Ireland public procurement accounts for 10-12% of GDP.
Green Public Procurement offers public bodies the means to lead sustainable development in their sector, educating suppliers to reduce the environmental impacts across their product and service life cycles; developing the circular economy.
The Climate Action Plan requires every public body to have a climate mandate: With many public bodies already leading by example in energy efficiency; green procurement is a way to further reduce emissions and deliver on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Goals for participants
- Join public networks and participate in the continual improvement of resource efficiency action plans, energy and environmental management systems
- Measurably reduce environmental impacts using EU Green Public Procurement Guidelines
- Secure funding where available towards your organisation’s purchases
- Spreadsheet templates provided to allow participants generate a working template for one aspect of their procurement e.g. transport services
On completion participants will be able to:
- Review their organisations’ environmental impacts at a high level
- Focus on areas of significance
- Research the market, identify suitable criteria
- Apply EU GPP Guidelines to scoring and specification
- EPA Green Public Procurement Guidelines for the Public Sector
- Measure the impacts, to continually improve
- Create their own templates for green public procurement
“Good starting point to learn about Green Procurement – very good examples.”
Mary Brophy – Bord na Mona
“An introduction to GPP in Ireland and Europe and where we currently are with it. Focused on how to fold GPP into general procurement practices.”
Maggie Semple – Houses of the Oireachtas
How to Book
If you would like further information about having this course run online and ‘in-house’ for your team, email email@example.com
Register your interest in the next upcoming dates of this programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org