Skills for DPOs, PIA methods
With greater responsibilities on data controllers and processors, strengthened rights of the data subject, and new sanctions for non-compliance, almost every organisation will need to evaluate and adapt their current Data Protection regime.
This course is aimed at Data Protection Officers, GDPR project team members, and staff working on GDPR projects. It is intended to give a grounding in the broader skills required by a DPO and to help prepare you to implement sustainable GDPR change in your organisation.
What you will learn
Topics of discussion will include:
- Understanding the Core responsibilities and obligations of the DPO
- Tools for Data Protection Risk,
- Introduction to Data Governance and Information Quality principles and practices for the DPO
- Understanding Privacy by Design
- Understanding Privacy Engineering
- An overview of Privacy Impact Assessment methods and practices
- What is a PIA?
- What should it contain?
- How to run a repeatable and governed PIA process
- Privacy by Design, Governance, and Information Management Disciplines (based on DAMA DMBOK version 2)
- Change Management principles for the DPO – how to define and implement change that sticks.
This course is endorsed by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). Attendees will receive an ICM continuing professional development (CPD) certificate on successful completion of the course, including a single assignment to be completed after the taught aspect of the course has ended.