The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) came into effect in May 2018. With greater responsibilities on data controllers and processors, strengthened rights of the data subject, and new sanctions for non-compliance.
This course is intended to introduce the fundamentals of the GDPR. The comprehensive structured approach to training will provide a practical, in-depth understanding of the scope, core concepts, principles and requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Introduction To Key Concepts Under The GDPR
- Understanding the GDPR’s Data Protection Principles
- Legal Basis for Processing
- The Rights of the Data Subject
- Sanctions and Penalties
- Privacy by Design; Records of Processing Activities and Privacy Impact Assessments
- Data Breach Notifications and Powers of the DPC
- GDPR Action Points