Full Course Details
Title: Working in a Cross Cultural Team
Date: Monday, November 27th 2023
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
CPD: 3.5 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
About the seminar
In today’s interconnected global landscape, the ability to work effectively in cross-cultural teams has become an essential skill for professionals in virtually every field. As organisations expand their operations across borders and diverse talents come together to tackle complex challenges, the capacity to navigate and thrive in culturally diverse environments has never been more crucial. Cross-cultural team dynamics can be a source of incredible innovation and productivity, but they can also present unique challenges that, if left unaddressed, may hinder collaboration and hinder project success.
This workshop is designed to equip individuals and organizations with the knowledge, tools, and insights necessary to not only bridge cultural gaps but also harness the rich diversity within teams for improved creativity, efficiency, and global success. Throughout this training program, participants will explore the nuances of culture, communication, and collaboration in an increasingly interconnected world, ultimately becoming adept at navigating cultural differences, fostering inclusivity, and achieving synergy within cross-cultural teams.
Main Focus Areas
1) Understanding cultural awareness– the what, why and how
2) Stereotypes, biases, barriers and facilitators in intercultural interactions
3) Cultural dimensions and their influence in a business setup
4) The Expat journey – critical components and support
5) Case studies and group activity
1) To equip each participant with effective intercultural skills to be aware of, anticipate and solve problems resulting from various cultural challenges.
2) To provide valuable know-how in supporting and managing both individuals and groups at work
3) To improve internal and external communication, collaboration, and adaptation in different situations