Full Masterclass Details
Date: Monday 8th March, 2024
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
CPD: 6 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
This one-day masterclass is designed to give an overview of the current trends and best practices in project management. This practical masterclass is focused on teaching the fundamental project management techniques and skills for organising and managing all size projects.
This masterclass aims to ensure that delegates are more organised and effective in managing projects and project tasks by taking and integrated approach throughout the project lifecycle.
By the end of the masterclass, participants will:
- Understand the importance of a structured approach to planning and executing a project.
- Understand how to identify different phases of a project lifecycle and the key deliverables for each phase.
- Be aware of the recommended best practices and trends in global project management.
- Introduction to the generic project lifecycle and the key objectives of each phase of the lifecycle.
- Understand the purpose, inputs, and outputs of the five process groups: Initiating, Planning, Execution, Control and Closing.
- Be introduced to knowledge areas of project management (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement and Stakeholder Management).
- Learn how to Scope a Project clearly by using a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Understand the importance of controlling any changes to the Project Scope once it is baselined.
- Understand the use of logic diagrams and estimating to create a schedule baseline.
- Learn how to identify and analyse risks to your project and place a focus on proactive risk management rather than reactive firefighting.
- Learn how to apply this learning to real and working exercises based on realistic problems and examples of real projects.
- Learn key project management techniques, and how and when to use them. Examples of such tools and techniques include Scope, Risk Analysis, Scheduling, Gantt chart, Contingency and Change Control.