Date: Tuesday, January 16th 2024
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
CPD: 3.5 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
This half-day online course will provide employees of public bodies with an understanding of the essential principles underlying Irish freedom of information legislation.
They will also acquire the skills to make judgment calls on requests for access to records and be better equipped to act as decision makers or internal reviewers.
Following the successful completion of the course, delegates will have acquired a knowledge and developed skills and techniques which will give them the ability to perform better in this complex and demanding role.
On completion of the course participants will know:
- Overview of the FOI Act 2014 – principles and objectives
- FOI in practice – statistics and experience to date
- Key FOI people – the who’s who
- What is a record?
- Administrative Exemptions
- Substantive Exemptions
- Cost, Time-frames and Third Party Negotiation
- Internal review and appeals
- Amendment of Personal Information and Right to be given Reasons
This course is suitable for new and established employers/ employees alike, at all levels and in all roles within the Civil Service and Public Sector.