We all need to conduct difficult conversations at some time or another. Understandably, many people would do anything to avoid having a difficult conversation and yet avoiding the difficult conversation or mishandling it can result in negative consequences. This half day seminar will equip attendees with the tools necessary to effectively plan for and approach difficult conversations with confidence so they can achieve the most positive outcomes.
Examples of conversations that will be role played include:
- poor employee performance or behaviour
- complaints and grievances
- giving bad news, such as advising unsuccessful job applicants
- addressing conflict
- communicating tough business decisions.
Learning Outcomes from this Workshop:
- When to choose to have that difficult conversation
- Toolkit for successful conversations: Listening, questioning, probing, speaking persuasively
- Emotional intelligence: Understanding your response and when emotional hijacking occurs
- Recognising your default mode under stress and your preferred conflict style
- Examining your beliefs and self-fulfilling tendencies
- Framework for difficult conversations
- Role play: Preparing for and practicing different types of difficult conversations
Your course tutor
Barbara Lynch (BA Hons, MBa) is an experienced trainer, facilitator and coach who specialises in the areas of leadership, communication, sales, negotiation and customer engagement. Barbara set up her own training consultancy 16 years ago and since that time has provided consultancy, training and facilitation services to organisations within both the public and private sectors. Barbara helps organisations bring about real change by designing company-wide workplace interventions customised to suit specific needs.
Who Should Attend:
Managers, line managers, HR leaders, anyone who manages a team of employees, either remote or hybrid or both.
Full Course Details
Title: Managing Difficult Conversations and Addressing Conflict in the Workplace
Date: Tuesday, July 5th 2022
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
CPD: 3.5 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email email@example.com with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.