Public Sector Legal CPD Conference 2020
PAI’s CPD conferences for Legal and Public Sector Professionals – provide key updates on public and administrative law, within the remit of public powers and in the constitutional and statutory environments in which public bodies operate (special public sector legislation, codes and guidelines).
The First of our three CPD Conferences will provide attendees with their full CPD Regulatory requirements for 2020.
CPD: 3 CPD Hours (Category: Regulatory)
When: 25 June 2020 (9.00 – 13.00)
Where: The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Golden Lane, Dublin 8
Themes: Employment and Equality Law, HRM, Health & Safety Regulations and Vicarious Liability.
PAI are delighted to announce the first of our three half day CPD Compliance conferences as part of our popular CPD Conference Series. Our first conference will take place on Thursday, 25 June 2020, in the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Golden Lane, and will provide attendees with their full CPD Regulatory requirements for 2020.
This conference will take place over a half day accounting for 3 CPD points (category: regulatory matters). PAI’s panel of legal professionals and industry experts will discuss topical updates and challenges relevant to our Public Sector clients. This event will focus on topics relating to Employment & Equality Law, Human Resource Management, Health and Safety Regulations and Vicarious Liability.
In 2019 our CPD Conference Series welcomed over 100 professional delegates attending from a range of organisations including Government Departments, State Bodies along with local Government Agencies and private firms, providing a platform for key networking with peers across the Public Sector.
09:00 – Opening Remarks
09:05 – Legal Updates: Health & Safety legislation
- Legal updates on the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005,
- The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, and associated legislation governing the area of health & safety
09:45 – Vicarious Liability
- Occupational H&S Risk – remote working
- Risk Liability
- When it applies and when it does not
10:30 – Questions & Answers
10:40 – Coffee & Networking Break
11:10 – Legal issues relating to productivity in the workplace – Tackling absenteeism and presenteeisim in the Public Sector:
- Implementing progressive HR policies and practices
- Record Management
- Improving Productivity
11:55 – Equality Act & Supporting Neurodiversity in the workplace:
- Legal updates on the Equality Act with reference to neurodiversity
- Managing staff with Autism, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and other forms of Neurodivergance
- Creating clear guidance on employee rights and responsibilities in the workplace to ensure fair treatment.
12:40 – Question & Answers
13:00 – LUNCH
Our Conference Panel
(To be announced shortly)