Full Workshop Details
Date: Tuesday, November 21st 2023
CPD: 3 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
Putting together competency based answers that score well can be challenging. This is true whether you are completing an application form when applying for a public sector competition or when you are preparing your answers when invited to interview.
There are many common mistakes that candidates make that you will want to avoid when structuring and preparing your competency-based answers for those forms or interviews.
There are several key things that interviewers are looking for in answers, whether at shortlisting or at interview. Our workshop trainer and facilitator is an experienced interviewer and has reviewed thousands of competency answers on application forms and heard a myriad of competency answers at interview.
At this workshop you will receive hints, tips and advice from our trainer. A template will be shared with you which you can use for completing your own competency answers.
You will also complete one of your own competency answers in full, based on the hints and tips as well as feedback from the trainer on how to improve your answer.
- Understand what interviewers are looking for in a competency answer
- Learn hints and tips about what works and doesn’t work in answers
- Use a template to write your own competency answer using STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
- Receive feedback at the workshop on how to improve answers, which you can use to improve your own answer
- Leave the workshop with a completed (or almost completed) competency answer.
This seminar will be of benefit to those going for promotion in terms of receiving guidance and best practice on structuring and preparing your competency-based answers.