This course will help you understand and fulfil your role as an interviewer working on a Public Sector Interview Board (or Interview Panel). Whether you chair the Interview Board or are a member of the interview board, this course will provide you with the essential skills to fulfil your role thoroughly and in adherence with the relevant guidelines and legislation. It will help you develop your abilities to question and evaluate candidates in a fair and consistent way. It will help you to find the best candidate(s) and feel confident about your role in shortlisting, interviewing and providing feedback for candidates.
The course ensures that participants have a clear understanding of their responsibilities as interviewers or interview board members in the Public Sector. The course content is based on the Code of Practice for Appointments to Positions in the Civil Service & Public Service and the training content and advice adheres to the code. Participants will also understand the implications of the current legislation that governs good recruitment and interview practice (the Employment Equality Acts, Freedom of Information Acts and Data Protection Acts) and includes practical advice to ensure that interviewers are in adherence with this legislation.
The main topics addressed in this programme are:
- The main elements or structure of an effective interview (opening, questions, closing) – emphasising how to set the right tone from the start, how to get the best from the candidate
- The roles of the interview board members (chair, note taker, member) and expectations regarding what each role needs to do (before, during and after an interview). Includes information re Freedom of Information, particularly as it applies to the interview notes.
- Competency based interviewing (questioning approach, how to elicit information, what’s a good answer format, questioning do’s and don’ts, and practice – including exercises, at least one of which is based on one of your organisation’s own job description, if available). Also focusing on situational questions and knowledge-based questions
- Job assessment criteria and the scoring system (using your organisation’s scoring form) – how to best run/contribute to a scoring conversation, keeping the conversation evidence based
- Post interview feedback (what should the interview board member’s record on the day to ensure quality feedback can be provided to each candidate)
- Relevant legislation, equality and discriminatory issues (so that inappropriate questions are avoided, that all questions are relevant to the role, what to do if an inappropriate question were asked). Includes information on disability awareness.
- Unconscious bias, what it is, how it affects interview decisions and what can be done about it
- Hints and tips about conducting interviews online, what interview board members should do before and during the online interviews.
The trainer’s facilitative approach ensures active engagement and involvement of participants in the courses to maximise learning transfer. These discussions ensure that experiences and knowledge on the topic are shared peer-to-peer between participants. The focus of the course is on the practical, equipping participants with practical skills to help them be more effective in their role as interviewers. The course includes a range of learner-centred methods, including small group discussions, activities, practical guidelines and learning logs.
Participants will receive an electronic workbook that participants use throughout the course (a fillable PDF). The workbook includes all the activities covered in the course, as well as space for participants’ own notes on each topic. The workbook, once complete, serves as a reference for the participant to take away with them.
This course is highly interactive and practical and will give you the skills and confidence needed to interview in the Public Sector. It is relevant for interviewers working in HR or management roles in any part of the Public Sector, including Civil Service departments, Local Authorities or Public Sector agencies. It is suitable for those who have not interviewed previously in the Public Sector as well as for those looking to refresh their interviewing skills. The course works particularly well when all the members of an interview panel attend this course at the same time.
Our interview skills expert is a business psychologist with a wealth of experience on both sides of public sector interview tables. She interviews, she trains interviews, she trains and coaches candidates. She has trained hundreds of public sector interviewers. She has extensive experience working as an external interview board member in the public sector. She interviews and shortlisting in the public sector every month and chairs approximately half of the interviews she is involved in. She also delivers PAI’s interviewee training and the monthly one-to-one interview coaching sessions. She also delivers management training and coaching.
Full Course Details
Title: Interview Panel Training
Date: Tuesday, September 13th 2022
CPD: 6 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.