A key skill required of many people, including those working in or newly introduced to a financial role, is the ability to understand key financial statements.
All organisations produce some form of financial statements, and most people will, at some point in their careers, have a need to be able to read and understand these.
Accountancy has its own language and in order to be able to read and understand the financial statements, you need to learn the language – or at least learn some of the primary words used in that language. This half-day workshop will enhance your ability to read and understand financial statements by introducing you to the language of accounting and the layout of these financial statements.
- Know the top accountancy words used in the majority of financial statements by your organisation and understand what each of these words means
- Understand how financial reports/statements are laid out
- Have looked at a number of sample financial statements and identified the keywords and the sequence in which they are used in the financial statements
- Know how to use financial statements in business situations and the financial controls related.
- Critically review financial returns and be able to identify potential financial problems.
- Understand the budget cycle process (cash budget plan, quarterly returns, budget proposal process and budget allocations
- Understand Financial management roles and responsibilities
- Financial reporting – concepts, principles, and the accrual basis of preparation
- Costing and budget preparation
- Budgetary control
- Audits (internal audit and issues)
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for anyone in the public sector who is new to a finance role or needs to incorporate accountancy or financial reporting into their daily work in terms of understanding the layout of financial reports, statements and language of accountancy.
Full Course Details
Title: Finance for Non Financial People
Date: Thursday, December 8th 2022
Time: 10.15am – 1.00pm
CPD: 2.5 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.