Full Course Details
Date: Thursday, 25 January 2024
Time: 9.45am – 4.00pm
CPD: 6 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
This popular intensive one-day online training programme is designed to develop core competencies for Executive Officers (and equivalent grades in the public sector), in line with the Public Appointment Service competency framework.
The programme enables participants to understand and develop their role and effectiveness in their organisation, with a particular focus on developing practical skills to improve communications and interpersonal skills, people management skills and delivery of results.
At the end of this programme, learners will have a good understanding of the following core competencies, and how to apply them to be effective in their role:
- understanding and developing your role – goal setting and career development
- developing interpersonal and communications skills
- delivering results – managing time and priorities, decision making and delegation
- managing and working with people effectively
This is a highly interactive programme, with an emphasis on practical skills development through a range of learning interventions including the following:
- Case studies/scenarios
- Role-play and group activities/exercises
- Presentations and breakout room discussions
- Post course reflection and career development planning
To support participants in their learning, PAI will provide each learner with access to our online Learning Management System, Moodle.
All course materials and recommended resources will be posted on Moodle to provide learners with post-programme learning and support.
The programme will be of particular interest to:
- People who are new to an EO or equivalent grade who need to develop the competencies and skills expected of them
- Experienced EOs or people in equivalent grades who want to consolidate and build on their experience through formal training
- People at EO or equivalent grade levels who want to develop their careers and prepare for the ‘stretch’ between EO and HEO/equivalent grades
- People at Clerical Officer or equivalent grades who want to develop skills to support their career development to EO/equivalent grade levels.
Our popular EO Core Skills programme is delivered by our Training Specialist, Sile O’Donnell. Sile is a HR and Training Consultant and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in HRM and Organisational Behaviour in Trinity College Dublin. Before setting up her own consultancy, Sile spent 26 years working in the public sector in a range of roles at EO, HEO, AP and Director level. She is a subject matter expert in competency based training and coaching, and feedback from previous programmes has been exceptionally positive.