About the seminar
This programme is based on core competencies for APs that are set out in the Public Appointments Service Competency Framework, which are as follows:
The AP Core Skills Programme is particularly useful for:
- newly appointed APs (or equivalent levels) who want to develop a good grounding in the competencies they need to be effective in their role
- people at Higher Executive Officer level or equivalent who want to develop their competencies to progress their careers in the public sector.
- experienced APs (or equivalent levels) who want to develop their careers further in the public sector.
This Core Skills programme is highly interactive and it focuses on developing core AP competencies through a range of diverse and engaging training methods. Topics that we cover on the programme include the following:
- Managing and delivering results
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including communicating with teams and people remotely, and positive conflict resolution/influencing skills
- Leadership development
- Managing, motivating and developing performance and people
- Tips and techniques to improve career progression and interview effectiveness
To allow for the delivery of an effective online learning programme, PAI will provide each learner with access to our online Learning Management System, Moodle. All course materials and recommended resources will be posted on Moodle to provide learners with post-programme learning and support.
Our trainer is a HR and Training Consultant and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour in Trinity College Dublin. She has over 27 years’ experience of designing and implementing best practice HRM, change management and training strategies, initiatives and policies in the public sector. She worked in a variety of grades in the civil service from clerical officer to Director level. She delivers numerous core skills programmes for COs, EOs, HEOs and APs on behalf of PAI for public sector bodies. She delivers a range of HR, leadership and change management training programmes on behalf of PAI.
Full Course Details
Title: Assistant Principal – Core Skills Training Programme – 1 Day Online
Date: Monday 10th October 2022
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
CPD: 6 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email email@example.com with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.