The aim of this 3-day online course is to provide public sector employees with essential knowledge and skills in public financial procedures and control, and to build competence in important and essential aspects of financial management thereby enhancing their skill base in this area.
The course is being prepared for accreditation by the Institute of Commercial Management and will take a pragmatic approach and will focus on practical financial management tasks, as opposed to theory. There will be plenty of interaction with lecturers and other attendees and there will be practical examples that relate back to the workplace, as well as detailed handouts and notes.
Attendees will go away with useful reference points for their work. The tutors will test knowledge gained, and the ability to apply it. Participation and interaction will be encouraged by way of group exercises, role plays, debates and presentations. A valuable insight into relevant issues and an understanding of best practice will be obtained that will maximise the contribution the participants will bring to their parent organisation upon completion of the course.
This programme has been custom-designed for the public sector in Ireland. The case studies that have been prepared for delegates to work with are based on real-world examples.
Following the successful completion of the course, delegates will have acquired knowledge and developed skills and techniques which will give them the ability to perform financial functions for their organisations efficiently and well.
On completion of this course graduates will be able to:
- Improve their organisation’s finance function and performance both within the organisation and in an inter-organisational context
- Interpret and analyse a range of financial reports – including the cash basis of accounting along with asset registers and balance sheets
- Develop financial planning and control functions
- Structure and prepare a budget
- Control and manage a budget
- Evaluate budget/programme performance against budget
- Prepare for a policy or expenditure review
- Have a good understanding of essential financial concepts and the framework within which the financial administration of the State operates in the public sector through the Oireachtas, the Comptroller and Auditor General, the Appropriation Accounts and the Public Accounts Committee
- Understand the nature and determinants of the public finances and the Estimates and Budgetary Cycle.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). Attendees will receive an ICM Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Training Award on successful completion of the course including attendance and coursework assessments.
Full Course Details
Title: Certificate in Public Expenditure and Financial Management
Date: April 21st, 28th and May 5th 2023
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
CPD: 15 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 20% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email email@example.com with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.