PLEASE NOTE: Delegates must have a basic knowledge of data protection essentials as this is an advanced course.
PAI’s Advanced Data Protection Officer programme offers learners a pathway to an accredited Data Protection Officer Certification. Building upon our Level 1 award, the Advanced programme is essential for all Data Protection professionals and moves from basic principles and protocols to assessing how Data Protection rules are evolving internationally in line with EU Data Protection Regulation and a new focus on Internal Data Governance, increased penalties, and an emphasis on managing and mitigating risks of poor privacy outcomes for individuals.
Upon completion of this Advanced Module learners will:
• Understand Data Protection in a Risk Management model under the GDPR;
• Understand why the Risk-based approach differs from the historic model of compliance under Directive 95/46/EC;
• Apply the Fundamental Principles of GDPR and how they relate to the Privacy by Design philosophy;
• Understand what is meant by “Privacy Engineering”;
• Be familiar with Data & Information Governance Principles;
• Understand how to respond to Subject Access Requests
• Understand how a Data Governance framework can enable a DPO to better engage stakeholders;
• Have learned how to effectively Conduct A Privacy Impact Assessments; and
• Understand the role of Ethical Information management in PIAs.
Who should attend?
Designed with our Data Protection partners Castlebridge Associates, our Level 2 programme presents a coherent framework for Data Protection Officers to understand how their roles align with Data Governance, Information Quality, and the existing frameworks and disciplines which can be used to develop robust and evidence based Data Privacy Governance in your organization.
The course syllabus assumes a level of prior knowledge of Data Protection laws and is aimed at supplementing knowledge of legal rules with frameworks and methods for Information management to meet or exceed legal requirements.
This course will be assessed by a single assignment after the completion of the taught element and is accredited by The Institute of Commercial Management
Katherine O’Keefe — Castlebridge Associates
Katherine O Keefe is a Data Governance and Data Protection Consultant and Trainer with
Full Course Details
Title: Certificate in GDPR: Advanced (Level 2) – Online
Date: 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th April 2023
Time: 9.30am – 1.00pm
CPD: 11 CPD Hours
Accredited: The Institute of Commercial Management
Method of Delivery: Online
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email email@example.com with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.