This interactive seminar is proudly sponsored by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Please note that there is only one free ticket per organisation.
Date: Wednesday, June 8th 2022
Time: 10.00am – 3.00pm
CPD: 5.5 CPD Hours
Method of Delivery: Online
What the seminar will cover
This is a very interactive and informative seminar with lots of polls and visual engagement features and will cover the below.
The seminar will provide an indepth introduction to the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2021 and the annually updated Climate Action Plan. This hands on and highly interactive workshop-style one day programme will include the following:
- Context, terminology and calculations (context)
- Legal obligations & governance (what you have to do)
- Corporate best practice and leadership (what others do to reduce impacts)
- Procuring green electricity and offsets (what to do with residual impacts)
Workshop learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context and language of carbon and emissions
- Understand our energy-related carbon budget and the carbon reporting landscape
- Know the principles of CO2 emissions and how they feed into GHG reporting
- Understand where to start and where to focus scarce time & resources
- Critically understand how best to plan, implement and manage emissions
Who Should Attend?
This programme will benefit public sector staff needing an in depth introduction to the subject of Climate Action and Carbon terminology and how to reduce GHG emissions at an introductory non-technical level.
Our trainer participated in WG2.6 Working Group 2.6 to review and update some of the EU Green Public Procurement (GPP) guidelines 2017-18. He is an independent energy advisor with an MSc in Energy Management and Renewable energy from University of Ulster, he is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Measurement & Verification professional (CMVP) and trainer for ISO50001. He has trained over 200 ESOS Lead Assessors in Transport Energy Auditing, led the publication of EN 16247-4 Europe’s transport energy audit standard and contributed to ISO50004.Since 2005, He has been helping business save fuel and manage their energy use for profit and reduced emissions. Accepted as a member of the Association of Energy Engineers, CILT, FTAI, IMCA and EVO. He is a registered lead ESOS assessor (UK) and registered energy auditor (Ireland).
Multiple Delegate Discount
3+ Delegates – 5% Discount
5+ Delegates – 10% Discount
10+ Delegates – 15% Discount
To avail of our multiple delegate discount for 3 or more delegates, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and details of all those you wish to book. All those you wish to book on must be booked at the same time.
For 1 or 2 attendees, manually enter in the number of tickets you wish to purchase below.
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.
Participant limits apply so be sure to book your place now.