An implementation group has been formed to oversee planning, preparatory work and initial implementation of the newly merged Limerick City and County Councils.
The following members have been appointed by the Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government :
- Chair – Mr Denis Brosnan (Chair of the Limerick Local Government Committee and the Mid West Task Force);
- Mr Vincent Cunnane (Chair of the Joint Economic Development Committee of the Limerick City and County Development Boards);
- Mr Ned Gleeson (County Manager, Limerick County Council);
- Mr Tom Mackey (City Manager, Limerick City Council);
- Mr Ned O’Connor (former County Manager, South Tipperary County Council).
From the archive: It was first reported in June that the Limerick City and County Council would merge. Read about it here.