The Committees for the 31st Dáil were announced last night. They consist of the following:
- Committee on Finance and Public Expenditure & Reform
- Committee on Health and Children
- Committee on Communications, Energy, Natural Resources and Agriculture, Marine & Food
- Committee on Environment, Community and Local Government and Transport, Tourism & Sport and Arts, Heritage and Gealtacht Affairs
- Committee on Social Protection and Education & Skills and Enterprise, Jobs and Innovation
- Committee on Justice, Equality and Defence
- Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Committee on European Affairs
- Committee on Investigations, Oversights and Petitions
- Committee on Good Friday Agreement.
Other Committees include:
The standard procedural, investigative and administrative Committees, such as the Committee of Public Accounts, the Committee of Members’ Interest and the Committee on Privilege and Procedure are also established.
Committee members are to be appointed today and the Chairpersons will be elected at the first meeting of the Committees.
In a recent issue of the PAI Journal, Garrett Fennell questions whether the new Committees will deliver real reform. To see this article please click here.